Eric B. Fleischman is a film producer and entrepreneur. After graduating from USC, Eric began interning for Blumhouse Productions. He eventually worked full-time for them as an Executive Assistant. He became a producer at EBF Productions. Four years later, he joined Diablo Entertainment and started producing for them. While at Diablo, he produced Carnage Park and Sleight, both of which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. This made him one of the youngest producers to premiere two feature films at the Sundance Film Festival in a single year. He focuses on microbudget films and his bets usually pay off. In 2017, he produced Flower, which was acquired by The Orchard. In November 2017, he co-founded and became CEO of Defiant Studios. Eric was in the Forbes 30 Under 30 for 2018 in the 'Hollywood & Entertainment' category.
This show is sponsored by Experiment 27. Get the discovery call script & questions template HERE
In this episode you'll learn:
- [01:53] How Eric featured two films at Sundance in a single year
- [03:27] about Slight
- [04:53] How is Eric splitting his budget
- [10:18] How Eric found his financiers
- [15:30] 'Your crew is the most important thing.'
- [21:20] 'You have to know what people are buying.'
- [23:50] Timing plays a huge part
- [27:00] What roles Eric finds most important
- [32:40] Try new genres
- [36:14] Push through
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to The Alex Berman Podcast on iTunes
and leave us a 5-star review.