Rand Fishkin is the founder and former CEO of Moz, board member at presentation software startup Haiku Deck, co-author of a pair of books on SEO, and co-founder of Inbound.org. Rand's an unsaveable addict of all things content, search, & social on the web.
In this episode you'll learn:
- [00:54] What are Whiteboard Friday videos about and how they made Rand an online influencer?
- [00:52] Why should marketers focus on building relationships rather than being tactical?
- [02:00] Challenges marketers face
- [02:25] How not to be tempted to give tactical advice instead of a strategic one?
- [03:33] What does a wizard do at Moz?
- [04:15] Separate tracks for individual contributors and people managers - structure at Moz
- [05:23] Why managing people should not be a prerequisite for having a great career in marketing
- [06:17] How are marketers at Moz measured?
- [07:30] Top of funnel metrics
- [08:00] Bottom and middle of the funnel metrics
- [08:36] How to break down marketing channels to focus on?
- [14:00] Best days of the week for social engagement?
- [15:20] Rand's marketing failures
- [18:11] How does Rand use speaking gigs as a marketing tool?
- [21:00] How to create a great speech and be the one everyone is talking about?
- [22:16] How to prioritize which events are worth attending?
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to the Digital Agency Marketing Podcast on iTunes and leave us a review for the show.
Take part in the CONTEST we put together to celebrate the launch of this podcast. It's a contest where you can't lose. You will get something, it's just a matter of how much stuff you'll actually win. Click here to enter. Just for entering you will get a surprise everyone else has to pay for. You can't lose!