Jason Brubaker is a Los Angeles based movie distribution executive specializing in direct to consumer distribution strategies. As the founder of Brubaker Unlimited, he currently consults with media companies, rights holders and content creators to develop strategies to source content, maximize distribution, grow audiences, build buzz and create community around each title. Brubaker also served as the Director of Operations for Distribber, a film distribution company that delivers content to Netflix, iTunes, Hulu, Amazon Prime, while allowing the filmmaker to keep 100% of the revenue.
This show is sponsored by Experiment 27. Get the discovery call script & questions template HERE
In this episode you'll learn:
- [02:00] How Jason started out in movie distribution
- [03:55] Is a traditional movie industry over?
- [05:55] Mistakes people make when pitching to Netflix
- [09:05] Quality checklist for Netflix
- [11:25] Sequence to maximize revenue
- [14:40] How to promote a film on iTunes
- [16:30] Preorders count as 1st day sales on iTunes
- [19:00] iTunes is a 70/30 split
- [22:20] Model for producing movies
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to The Alex Berman Podcast on iTunes
and leave us a 5-star review.